Background information: The Legal Team plays a central role as part of the larger back-office function at a large international Fund. It is composed of a team of experienced professionals in New York, London and Dublin and in furtherance of the Firm’s business objectives, all members of the team coordinate with other internal departments as well as various external service providers.
Role description: This individual will join the Firm’s Legal Team in Dublin to provide assistance in managing 25+ Irish special purpose vehicles and to support the legal teams in London and New York. Responsibilities shall include:
- Responding to KYC/anti-money laundering checks from counterparties
- Reviewing and negotiating non-disclosure agreements and engagement letters from counterparties and engaging with analysts in London and Hong Kong in relation to same
- Liaising with local legal counsel and company directors for execution of a range of documents
- Preparing and / or reviewing documents such as corporate resolutions and powers of attorney to ensure compliance with Irish corporate governance requirements
- Maintaining online legal entity databases
- On a local scale, working closely with Dublin tax, accounting and operations and local legal counsel and the company secretary on a broad scope of issues
- On a global scale, working closely with legal teams in London and New York in relation to Irish law-specific matters
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Law
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate smooth communication, both verbal and written, across internal and external parties
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player but have the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to take ownership, prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Responsible, reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivating
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Knowledge of Irish company law relating to designated activity companies
- Knowledge of special purpose vehicles / section 110 vehicles preferable (but not essential)
- Interest in financial services / hedge fund industry
For further information, and to apply for this job, please contact Áine Gilhooly on 0858000366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website for a full list of opportunities Huntersavage.ie.
Expert, confidential recruitment advice
Salary is usually negotiable, salary details listed are to be used as a guide and are based on factors such as your experience and expertise.
We reserve the right to heighten short listing criteria dependent upon the calibre of response.